Skip to main content

Give to Parks, Recreation, & Tourism

Your contributions will help students and Parks, Recreation, & Tourism progress

Thank you for your interest in giving to Parks, Recreation, and Tourism (PRT) in the College of Health! Your donations can be made to the scholarship fund, general fund, or if you're looking for another way to give check the College of Health Giving page.

Parks, Recreation, and Tourism


We are proud of our merit- and financial need-based scholarship and award program. Our student scholarships help attract outstanding students wishing to pursue a career in Parks, Recreation, and Tourism to the University of Utah, while supporting our deserving undergraduate and graduate students as they progress through their studies.

Sabrina Stein standing with mountains


The NOLS/PRT Faculty and Staff Endowed Scholarship allowed me to attend a summer sea kayaking and backpacking NOLS course in Alaska. I could not be more grateful to the sponsors who made it possible. This course allowed me to grow as an outdoor educator, to create strong and lasting friendships, and to become more confident in my abilities. This incredible experience will continue to impact me professionally and personally for years to come.  

- Sabrina Stein, BS Parks, Recreation, and Tourism Class of 2018

Parks, Recreation, and Tourism General Development Fund

The PRT General Development Fund is used to support the research, programs, and special projects that allow us to attract additional scholars and to secure more funding, ensuring that we can continue to be leaders in our field and in the community. 

Other Contributions

If you are interested in making a donation towards a specific scholarship or have any questions regarding our scholarship programs, please contact our Director of Advancement, Anna Tibbitts.

Undergraduate Advising

Eric Gardner

Undergraduate Advisor

Phone: 801-585-0832

Graduate Advising

Jim Sibthorp, Ph.D.

Director of Graduate Studies

Phone: 801-581-5940

Online ST&HM Program

Preston Tanner

Online Program Coordinator

Phone: 801-587-7357

Department Chair

Dr. Dorothy L. Schmalz

Chair of Parks, Recreation, and Tourism

Phone: 801-581-8542

PRT Main Office

250 South 1850 East
Room 239, HPER North

Salt Lake City, UT 84112

Phone: 801-581-8542
Campus Map