Program Outline (Offered Fall Semesters Only)
- CSD 6100: Foundations of Clinical Practice for the Speech-Language Pathology Assistant (3 credit hours)
- CSD 6110: Field-Base Clinical Externship (12 credit hours)
- A bachelor's degree from a Speech-Language Pathology or Communication Sciences and Disorders (CSD) program that is part of an accredited institution/program (i.e. matriculated students)
- A bachelor's degree in another field of study other than CSD and have completed all University of Utah CSD and Allied Heath required coursework prior to applying to the SLPA program (i.e. non-matriculated students)
- A minimum undergraduate cumulative GPA of 3.0 for matriculated students and 2.5 for non-matriculated students
- No lower than a B- in Major coursework
- 25 observation hours of a school-based speech-language pathologist
C-SLPA certification eligibility from AHSA requires specific coursework and clinical experiences. Our program meets ASHA’s requirements and will qualify a student to take the SLPA certification exam offered through ASHA.
For specific state and national certification requirements, contact the department office.
For more questions about the SLPA program, please contact: Dr. Tyler Christopulos, Director of SLPA Certificate Graduate Program at email@example.com