Skip to main content
create navigate graduate

Advisor Information

The advisor for Occupational Therapy and Recreational Therapy is Kelly Brown

Schedule an appointment with Kelly Brown

University of Utah students should run a degree audit and plan to see how their courses fit into either the recreational therapy major or as occupational therapy prerequisites. To learn about the Degree Dashboard visit

For recreational therapy, select College:Health, Subject:Rc Therapy.

For occupational therapy, select College:University, Subject:Pre-OT, Degree:No Degree.

Occupational Therapy Information Sessions

Students are encouraged to attend an information session prior to meeting with the advisor. The information session will cover the profession of occupational therapy and the occupational therapy program at the University of Utah, program prerequisites, admissions procedures and the program itself.

Information sessions are from 4:00-5:00 pm Mountain and currently held via Zoom Password: motinfo

September 6, 2023

October 2, 2023

November 8, 2023

December 6, 2023

Graduate School Fairs

September 20, 2023: University of Utah Mini Major Expo, Olpin Union; 10:00 am- 1:00 pm MDT

October 10, 2023: Utah Tech University, St. George, UT; 10:00 am - 2:00 pm MDT

October 11, 2023: Southern Utah University, Cedar City, UT; 10:00 am - 2:00 pm MDT

October 12, 2023: Utah Valley University, Orem, UT; 10:00 am - 2:00 pm MDT

October 17, 2023: Brigham Young University, Provo, UT; 10:00 am - 2:00 pm MDT

October 18, 2023: Utah State University, Logan, UT; 10:00 am - 2:00 pm MDT

October 19, 2023: Weber State University, Ogden, UT; 10:00 am - 2:00 pm MDT


Release of Information

Student records at The University of Utah are governed by the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) and its implementing regulations. A student must authorize the University of Utah to release information to any 3rd party, such as a spouse, parent or even themselves via the telephone or email.

To authorize a Release of Information, students can go to their CIS( page, click Student, look for the STUDENT RECORDS box and click on FERPA Release Consent link. The RELEASE FORM will open in a new window.

Transfer and General Advising Information

Students needing general university advising for general ed and/or bachelor degree requirements or information on transferring courses to fill those requirements should contact Academic Advising Center. The Academic Advising Center has provided a GPA calculator for your convenience.