The Master of Science in Recreational Therapy at the University of Utah provides an individualized, innovative, and progressive education that enables students to enhance their personal and professional knowledge and skill set while developing into leaders in the recreational therapy profession.
Focusing on evidence-based practices, the recreational therapy program trains students to use a comprehensive, individualized, and systematic approach to health and wellness to emphasize prevention, rehabilitation, and health maintenance through activity-based interventions.
Why Study Recreational Therapy at the University of Utah?
- High impact and personalized educational experiences
- Qualified faculty committed to student success
- Individualized mentoring, advising, and clinical supervision
- Interprofessional learning with other health and human service professionals and students
- Collaborative research opportunities in and outside of the classroom
- Interactions with diverse health and human service organizations and community partners
- Access to a strong network of recreational therapy professionals
- Part of a College of Health that emphasizes, “More Health, Less Medicine”
- One of the top public research universities in the country
- A campus that promotes health and wellbeing of its students through outdoor recreation, collegiate sports, cultural events, and social engagement https://uofuhealth.utah.edu/why-utah.php
Interested in advancing your education and career?
The MSRT program allows students to customize their educational experience based on interests and career goals. We offer thesis and project tracks for individuals currently certified as a CTRS and a project track for those looking to gain eligibility for the NCTRC exam and entry to the profession. Students benefit from a combination of in-person and online courses that can be incorporated into part-time or full-time plans of study. Courses prepare students as advanced clinicians, scholars, and leaders in the RT profession. A MS in RT degree can lead to increased career opportunities involving research, entrepreneurial activities, consulting, private practice, teaching, and/or management. The MS RT program at the U emphasizes advanced learning experiences that position graduates for a variety of employment opportunities and empowers students to step into leadership roles for the profession.
Join us for an information session to learn more!
Date: November 13, 2024, 4-5 PM MST
Join Zoom Meeting
The MS in RT program at the University of Utah participates in the Western Regional Graduate Program (WRGP) of the Western Interstate Commission for Higher Education (WICHE). For more information, please visit: http://www.wiche.edu/wrgp