The Master of Science in Recreational Therapy at the University of Utah provides an individualized, innovative, and progressive education that enables students to enhance their personal and professional knowledge and skill set while developing into leaders in the recreational therapy profession.
Focusing on evidence-based practices, the recreational therapy program trains students to use a comprehensive, individualized, and systematic approach to health and wellness to emphasize prevention, rehabilitation, and health maintenance through activity-based interventions.
Why Study Recreational Therapy at the University of Utah?
- High impact and personalized educational experiences
- Qualified faculty committed to student success
- Individualized mentoring, advising, and clinical supervision
- Interprofessional learning with other health and human service professionals and students
- Collaborative research opportunities in and outside of the classroom
- Interactions with diverse health and human service organizations and community partners
- Access to a strong network of recreational therapy professionals
- Part of a College of Health that emphasizes, “More Health, Less Medicine”
- One of the top public research universities in the country
- A campus that promotes health and wellbeing of its students through outdoor recreation, collegiate sports, cultural events, and social engagement https://uofuhealth.utah.edu/why-utah.php