Follow steps 1-3 for New Student Orientation
Complete the New Student Orientation through the Office of Orientation and Transition.
- Start on the Office of Orientation and Transition's website.
- Look for the first year or transfer student tab to access the orientation modules
Complete your College of Health New Student Orientation Canvas Course.
- If you listed health as your area of interest in your orientation, or a specific major, you will be enrolled in the non-credit Student Resource Canvas Course.
- Review your Umail email account for an email invitation to join Canvas page.
- You will have access to this Canvas information site beyond your orientation so you can refer to this information as often as you need during your student career at the U.
Schedule an appointment with your academic advisor for your first semester.
- After finishing your college canvas course, please visit our advising website to schedule for first semester course planning or if you have questions about New Student Orientation you can find our contact information or set up a appointment with our academic advisors early for questions.
Meet with an academic advisor for New Student Orientation or transfer-related questions or any of topic areas below.
- 4-year Plans
- Graduate School Exploration
- Major & Career Interest Exploration
- Referrals to Student Services
What if I didn't receive an email?
If you do not receive an invitation to enroll in the canvas page, or decide to pursue Health, after you have registered for Orientation, please email Lorraine Brown email@example.com with your full name and unid.
College of Health Scholarships
Scholarships are offered in levels for students such as University-wide, College-Wide, and Departmental-Specific. For university-wide scholarships, visit Financial Aid & Scholarship website to learn more, and review application deadlines before applying. For college-wide or departmental-specific scholarships, visit College of Health’s scholarship website to review, and learn more about COH scholarships.
Student Organizations and Intramural Sports
We encourage students to find a community at the University of Utah to enhance their undergraduate journey.
- Students has the opportunity to explore, and create relationships through academic student-led groups, joining recreational clubs, and finding interest groups through Campus Connect.
- Student interested in physical activity, outdoor adventures, and intramural sports. Campus Recreations Services provides activities to be physically active, and engage with college students with similar interests.