WHAT IS HEALTH AND WELLNESS COACHING?
A health and wellness coach/educator works in collaboration with their client to explore goals, motivations, and barriers related to well-being. Each conversation is unique and guided by the vision of the client. The International Consortium for Health and Wellness Coaching states, “Coaches assist clients to use their insight, personal strengths and resources, goal setting, action steps and accountability toward healthy lifestyle change.”
7 Dimensions of Well-Being
The desire to learn, be creative, and expand your perspective as you open yourself to new ideas and experiences.
The ability to create and foster positive relationships with individuals that are a part of your life.
The sustaining of healthy lifestyle habits to improve overall health and fitness while reducing illness and injury.
The ability to establish peace and purpose in life as you look into something beyond or within yourself.
The presence of life balance while feeling a sense of fulfillment, meaning, challenge, and security in career choices.
The ability to understand our feelings, express those feelings, and practice resilience to challenges in life.
The connection and respect to the world around us, including home, work, nature, and beyond.
Topics included during a session may include, but are not limited, to the following:
- Meditation and Mindfulness
- Physical Activity, Exercise, and Sedentary Behaviors
- Stress Management
- Body Image
- Time Management
- Smoking Cessation
- Relationships and other social needs
- Positive Psychology, and so on...
What to Expect During a Session
Your initial session will last 45-60 minutes. While each session is dierent, you can expect to follow these general steps:
- Step One: Complete an intake form
- Step Two: Goal exploration and brainstorming
- Step Three: Establish a S.M.A.R.T. goal
- Step Four: Establish accountability plan and follow-up items
- Step Five: Future appointments are available if you are interested in continuing the process beyond the requirements of the assignment