Bachelor of Science in Athletic Training (B.S in AT)
The current entry-level professional degree where students gain athletic training knowledge and clinical skills while performing clinical rotations with professional, collegiate, high school and recreational athletes. Students are assigned clinical experiences with Utah's professional clubs, University of Utah Division I and club athletic teams, community sports medicine clinics, local college, and surrounding high schools.
The University of Utah Athletic Training program is accredited through the Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education (CAATE).
The Bachelor of Science in Athletic Training is being phased out. All future students should consider applying to the Master of Athletic Training
Master of Athletic Training (M.AThl.T)
The University of Utah approved the new entry-level professional Master of Athletic Training degree in August 2019. The application cycle for the first cohort will open during Fall 2019 and students will start Summer (June 18) 2019. The Master of Athletic Training will provide students graduate-level didactic knowledge and clinical skills in preparation for their future career in athletic training.
Reasons for attending the University of Utah for the Master of Athletic Training:
- Advanced curriculum using resources at University of Utah Health's academic medical center.
- Interprofessional education with programs across all of University of Utah Health (Medicine, Pharmacy, Nursing, Dentistry, PA, PT, OT, Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology).
- Various clinical rotations from PAC-12 Division I sports, high schools, healthcare clinics, professional sports, and many others.
- Interaction within
Universityof Utah Health, which is a medical partnerwith the United States Olympic and Paralympic Committee, Utah Jazz, community high schools, and many others.
- Approximately 25 weeks of full-time clinical immersion experiences.
- Successful faculty recognized nationally for their clinical, research, and professional backgrounds.
Follow us on Instagram: