Master of Athletic Training (MAT)
The University of Utah approved the new entry-level professional Master of Athletic Training degree in August 2019. The Master of Athletic Training will provide students graduate-level didactic knowledge and clinical skills in preparation for their future career in athletic training.
Reasons for attending the University of Utah for the Master of Athletic Training:
- Advanced curriculum using resources at University of Utah Health's academic medical center.
- Interprofessional education with programs across all of University of Utah Health (Medicine, Pharmacy, Nursing, Dentistry, PA, PT, OT, Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology).
- Various clinical rotations from PAC-12 Division I sports, high schools, healthcare clinics, professional sports, and many others.
- Interaction within University of Utah Health, which is a medical partner with the United States Olympic and Paralympic Committee, Utah Jazz, community high schools, and many others.
- Approximately 25 weeks of full-time clinical immersion experiences.
- Successful faculty recognized nationally for their clinical, research, and professional backgrounds.
- See the MAT Admissions page for more information.
The University of Utah Athletic Training program is accredited through the Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education (CAATE).