Master of Athletic Training (MAT)
The University of Utah approved the new entry-level professional Master of Athletic Training degree in August 2019. The Master of Athletic Training will provide students graduate-level didactic knowledge and clinical skills in preparation for their future career in athletic training.
Reasons for attending the University of Utah for the Master of Athletic Training:
- Advanced curriculum using resources at University of Utah Health's academic medical center.
- Interprofessional education with programs across all of University of Utah Health (Medicine, Pharmacy, Nursing, Dentistry, PA, PT, OT, Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology).
- Various clinical rotations from PAC-12 Division I sports, high schools, healthcare clinics, professional sports, and many others.
- Interaction within University of Utah Health, which is a medical partner with the United States Olympic and Paralympic Committee, Utah Jazz, community high schools, and many others.
- Approximately 25 weeks of full-time clinical immersion experiences.
- Successful faculty recognized nationally for their clinical, research, and professional backgrounds.
- See the MAT Admissions page for more information.
The University of Utah Athletic Training program is accredited through the Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education (CAATE). See Program Information and Outcomes as published by CAATE.
For further questions, contact Justin Rigby, PhD, LAT, ATC, or send us an email at email@example.com.