Skip to main content

Student & Course Transfers

Transferring from Another Institution

If you are considering transferring to the University of Utah and have questions about majoring in Health & Kinesiology, please meet with an advisor before registering for classes.  Advisors are located in the Center for Student Success (HPR North - 200).

If you plan on declaring Health & Kinesiology as your major please bring the following to your advisor appointment:

  • -Transcript (official or unofficial)
  • -University of Utah ID number

If you have general questions, please bring any materials you have (transcript, syllabus, etc.) to help us answer your question.

Please check the U's transfer student page for more information. The Admissions Office will review your transcripts to see if any courses fulfill general education or bachelor degree requirements. If you took any course(s) at your previous institution that you think may fulfill a requirement for your major, please see the information below.

Transfer Course Petitions-Health & Kinesiology Major Transfer Credits

If you have taken previous coursework at another college, university, or institution that you think may satisfy a credit or credits towards the Health & Kinesiology major (H EDU or KINES) use your Umail account to email Anita Leopardi with the following information:

  • Student Full Name
  • uNID: example (U0123456)
  • Major advisor’s email
  • Two to three sentences explaining why you are petitioning
  • A copy of the course syllabus attached to the email
  • Institution where coursework was completed
  • List course equivalencies (The University of Utah class or Health & Kinesiology requirement you believe your transfer course is equivalent to): Example KINES XXXX for KINES 2500 

*If you don’t send ALL the requested information including the course syllabus through your Umail account, your petition will not be reviewed. 

Other Transfer Credits

Please note that this page is for Health & Kinesiology (KINES, ESSF, or H EDU) course work only. If you need coursework evaluated for other subjects, please contact the undergraduate advisor for that department.


Undergraduate Advising

Career Services

The Career Services Office houses the Career Exploration Center and hosts various workshops and events. The Career Counselors can assist you as you research careers, explore jobs and internships, write resumes and cover letters, prepare and practice for interviews, and more.

Career Services Office

Phone: 801-581-6186
Location: SSB Room 350