You qualify for the study if:
- You are 18 years or older
- You have normal or impaired hearing
- You do not have a cochlear implant
Participants will receive:
- $15 an hour
- A free hearing test
- Flexible scheduling
- Attend as many sessions as you want and stop at any time
Volunteering opportunities are also available!
The first session involves testing to ensure participants are qualified for the study, this typically lasts about 45 minutes. All other sessions typically last about 2 hours. Testing will be completed over 2-3 sessions.
The experiments will either involve:
- Sitting in a sound proof booth and listening to sounds with foam inserts while brain waves are measured from the scalp or cochlea.
- Listening to different sounds with headphones on and discerning between them, or listening to and repeating speech.
Get off at University South Campus stop. From the platform turn left (North) and cross the street at the light. Once you have crossed the street you will follow Campus Dr. (400 S.) heading west, away from the Huntsman stadium, towards the Rice-Eccles Stadium. You will pass a roundabout, then a parking lot on the right. We are located in the Social Work Building after the parking lot.
Driving From I-80 or I-215
Take the Foothill drive exit (Highway 186). Take Foothill north and east. Foothill will turn into 500 S. and head west. You will pass the Veteran's Hospital on the left. Take a right on Campus Center Dr. At the roundabout take the second exit heading west towards Rice-Eccles Stadium. We are in the tall cement building shortly after the roundabout.
Driving from I-15
Take the 400 South exit and head east. You will drive up the hill and 400 South will turn into 500 South. You will pass Rice-Eccles Stadium on the left and turn left at the first light passed the stadium onto Campus Center Dr.At the roundabout take the second exit heading west towards Rice-Eccles Stadium. We are in the tall cement building shortly after the roundabout.