Muscle immune cells during disuse and recovery in aging and metabolic disease
A research study on understanding the recovery of muscle health following a period of inactivity
Who is eligible?
- Young and older adults (18-35 and 60-85) who are in overall good health
- Young adults (18-35) who are overweight
What is good health?
Someone who exercises regularly and does not have one or more of the following conditions can be considered to be in good health.
- History of cardiovascular, respiratory, kidney, vascular or liver disease
- Uncontrolled hypo/hyperthyroidism or uncontrolled hypertension
- History of Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT)
- Cancer or history of successfully treated cancer (less than 1 year) other than basal cell carcinoma
- HIV or hepatitis B or C