You will have a primary mentor but also be supported by all of the faculty in the Exercise and Disease Research Theme. You will complete a 36 hour program of study along with your thesis. Your courses will emphasize content area knowledge, research methods and statistics, seminar experiences with your mentors, and the completion of your thesis. Your completed thesis will be in manuscript form and submitted to a journal upon completion.
Required for the MS Thesis Program
- BS in Kinesiology, Nutrition or related field within the biological sciences
- Undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or higher
- The GRE requirement has been suspended for the 2021 application cycle due to Covid-19. You do not need to submit your scores during the application process.
- Exercise physiology
Preferred Courses, Competencies and Prior Training
- Exercise physiology laboratory
- Prior research experience
- Exercise testing experience in fitness or clinical settings
- Scientific writing