Application Deadline: Friday, March 9, 2018 by 4:30 PM
To apply for this scholarship, select the green scholarship application tab at the top, right.
- Scholarship recipients will be selected by student committee representatives from across the College of Health
- One scholarship to an undergraduate student will be awarded and one to a graduate student Spring Semester 2018. Scholarships will be a minimum of $500.00 and the final amount will be determined by student donations.
- The scholarship recipient must maintain full time student status in the semester the scholarship is distributed. (Spring Semester 2018).
- The scholarship recipient must have been enrolled full time, two of the three semesters in the previous academic year.
Scholarship Selection Criteria:
- Undergraduate or Graduate students attending full time = 12 credit Undergraduate student and 9 credits Graduate Student.
- Must be a declared major in the College of Health. Pre-major will not be accepted.
- Must have a minimum 2.5 GPA
- Must demonstrate overcoming challenging circumstances in order to attend the University of Utah. Confirmed with two letters of reference. (Personal, professional, and/or professor).
The following four items must be included in your scholarship application:
- A statement, no longer than 700 words that includes a brief history of yourself, the challenges you have overcome in order to pursue this scholarship, reasons why you feel you are a strong candidate for this scholarship, and any financial information that should be considered.
- A current, certifide transcript with grades. If you have been at the University of Utah for less than two semesters, please submit a transcript from other schools attended to the address listed below.
- If you have questions about the application process, please contact Sonya Jensen, Development Officer, in the College of Health, at 801-213-2746, for more information.
- Two letters of recommendation.
Each scholarship in the College of Health, requires a separate scholarship application cover sheet, statement, letters of recommendation, and other required documenation. One sided documents are preferred. Attach with a paperclip or binder clip. Please do not staple.
Deliver personally or mail completed scholarship application, all letters of recommendation, and all other materials to: University Of Utah, Sorenson Legacy Foundation for Student Success, ATTN. Lorraine Brown, 250 South 1850 East, Room 200, HPR N, Salt Lake City, Utah 84112-0920. Incomplete applications will not be considered.