Student2Student Scholarship - Funded By Students For Students
How the Scholarship works
Even small donations can make a big difference. Funds ffrom students provide one scholarship for an undergraduate student and a greduate student each year in the College of Health. These scholarships are used by students across any of the degree programs in the College of Health.
Our students say it best:
- Scholarship recipients will be selected by student committee representatives from across the College of Health
- One scholarship to an undergraduate student will be awarded and one to a graduate student Spring Semester 2018. Scholarships will be a minimum of $500.00 and the final amount will be determined by student donations.
- The scholarship recipient must maintain full time student status in the semester the scholarship is distributed.
- The scholarship recipient must have been enrolled full time, two of the three semesters in the previous academic year.
Scholarship Selection Criteria:
- Undergraduate or Graduate students attending full time = 12 credit Undergraduate student and 9 credits Graduate Student.
- Must be a declared major in the College of Health. Pre-major will not be accepted.
- Must have a minimum 2.5 GPA
- Must submit two letters of recommendation (Personal, professional, and/or professor).
- Must submit a personal statement, described below.
The following four items must be included in your scholarship application:
- A statement, no longer than 700 words that includes a brief history of yourself, the challenges you have overcome in order to pursue this scholarship, reasons why you feel you are a strong candidate for this scholarship, and any financial information that should be considered.
- A current, non-official DARS transcript with grades. If you have been at the University of Utah for less than two semesters, please submit a transcript from other schools attended to the address listed below.
- Letters of recommendation.
For more information about this scholarship, contact:
Jose Oseguera, Student2Student scholarship application coordinator.
Courtney Garay, Development Officer, in the College of Health, 801-585-3205.