Application Deadline: Friday, March 9, 2018 by 4:30 PM
To apply for this scholarship, select the green scholarship application tab at the top, right.
- Scholarship recipients will be selected by student committee representatives from across the College of Health
- One scholarship to an undergraduate student will be awarded and one to a graduate student Spring Semester 2018. Scholarships will be a minimum of $500.00 and the final amount will be determined by student donations.
- The scholarship recipient must maintain full time student status in the semester the scholarship is distributed. (Spring Semester 2018).
- The scholarship recipient must have been enrolled full time, two of the three semesters in the previous academic year.
Scholarship Selection Criteria:
- Undergraduate or Graduate students attending full time = 12 credit Undergraduate student and 9 credits Graduate Student.
- Must be a declared major in the College of Health. Pre-major will not be accepted.
- Must have a minimum 2.5 GPA
- Must demonstrate overcoming challenging circumstances in order to attend the University of Utah. Confirmed with two letters of reference. (Personal, professional, and/or professor).
The following four items must be included in your scholarship application:
- A statement, no longer than 700 words that includes a brief history of yourself, the challenges you have overcome in order to pursue this scholarship, reasons why you feel you are a strong candidate for this scholarship, and any financial information that should be considered.
- A current, non-official DARS transcript with grades. If you have been at the University of Utah for less than two semesters, please submit a transcript from other schools attended to the address listed below.
- Two letters of recommendation.
If you have questions about the application process, please contact:
Sonya Jensen, Development Officer, in the College of Health, 801-213-2746, firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Each scholarship in the College of Health, requires a separate scholarship application cover sheet, statement, letters of recommendation, and other required documentation. Attach one sided documents (DARS reports should also be printed one sided) with a (one) large paperclip or binder clip. Please do not staple. Expensive portfolio covers and mailers are not necessary, they will be discarded.
Deliver personally or mail completed scholarship application, all letters of recommendation, and all other materials to: University Of Utah, Sorenson Legacy Foundation for Student Success, ATTN. Lorraine Brown, 250 South 1850 East, Room 200, HPR N, Salt Lake City, Utah 84112-0920. Incomplete applications will not be considered.