Dr. Lane and Paula Childs Scholarship
Application Deadline: Wednesday, February 27, 2019 by 4:30 p.m. (Applications will be accepted starting Wednesday, January 9, 2019).
- At least one annual scholarship will be awarded to an outstanding College of Health student. Recipient(s) of these scholarships shall be known as Dr. Lane and Paula Childs Scholar(s).
- Scholarship recipients will be selected by the Dean of the College of Health and Faculty Scholarship Awards Committee.
- The scholarship award will be paid in two payments during fall and spring semesters.
Scholarship Selection Criteria:
- The scholarship recipient(s) Undergraduate or Graduate students attending full time: 12 credits Undergraduate Student, 9 credits Graduate Student.
- Applicants must have a 2.0 GPA at the time of application and award.
- At the request of the donors, the scholarship will be awarded to an undergraduate or graduate student who is legally married and who is in financial need. Your University record must indicate that you are married. If it is not current, please see Registration. You must also fill out the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) form at https://fafsa.ed.gov/.
- Applicants must be a declared major within the College of Health (pre-major does not qualify) or be enrolled in a College of Health graduate program.
- If the scholarship recipient changes majors within the College of Health, the scholarship will not be affected. If the scholarship recipient changes majors to a discipline outside the College of Health, he/she forfeits the remainder of the scholarship.
- The scholarship recipient is expected to attend University of Utah Health's Scholarship luncheon in October.
- Application will be disqualified if not submitted correctly, completely, and timely.
The following must be included in your scholarship application:
- Must be legally married and demonstrates financial need.
- Completed scholarship application. (See green "Scholarship Application" tab found on this page).
- A well-written and compelling personal statement, no longer than two pages that includes a brief history of yourself, your academic and professional goals, reasons why you feel you are a strong candidate for this scholarship.
- A list of all scholarships and financial aid that you have received while attending the University of Utah.
- A list of any pertinent accomplishments, honors, or special awards of recognition you have received.
- A description of your community involvement and/or university activities.
- A current (fall semester) My Degree Dashboard (Formerly DARS) or transcript with grades. If you have been at the University of Utah for less than two semesters, please submit a transcript from other schools attended.
- Two letters of recommendation. Letters must be signed and sealed with the author’s signature across the envelope flap.
- Involvement in activities that advance the mission and goals of the College of Health.
- Distinctive strengths (community service, leadership skills, etc.)
Each scholarship in the College of Health, requires a separate scholarship application cover sheet, statement, letters of recommendation, and other required documentation. Attach one sided documents (DARS reports should also be printed one sided) with a (one) large paperclip or binder clip. Please do not staple. Expensive portfolio covers and mailers are not necessary, they will be discarded.
Deliver personally or mail completed scholarship application, all letters of recommendation, and all other materials to: University Of Utah, Sorenson Legacy Foundation for Student Success, ATTN. Lorraine Brown, 250 South 1850 East, Suite 200, HPR N, Salt Lake City, Utah 84112-0920. Incomplete applications will not be considered.