University Bookstore Scholarship
$200.00 University Bookstore Scholarship
Application Deadline: Monday, October 2, 2017 by 4:30 PM
Submit completed application and supporting documents to The Center for Student Success, HPR N., Room 200.
- Scholarship recipients will be selected by the Dean of the College of Health and a Faculty Selection Committee.
- One scholarship will be awarded Spring Semester 2018, in the amount of $200.00.
- The scholarship recipient must maintain full time student status in the semester the scholarship is distributed. (Spring semester 2018).
- The scholarship recipient must have been enrolled full time, two of the three semesters in the previous academic year.
- Preference shall be given to applicants who will increase the diversity of the College of Health pursuant to applicable federal and state laws.
Scholarship Selection Criteria:
- Undergraduate or Graduate students attending full time = 12 credit Undergraduate student and 9 credits Graduate Student.
- Must be a declared major in the College of Health. Pre-major will not be accepted.
- Must have a minimum 2.5 GPA
- Prefer Diversity or First generation student
- Have distinctive strengths in community service, leadership skills, etc.
- Must demonstrate financial need. Students must also complete FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Financial Aid). FAFSA link is made available at the University Office of Scholarships and Financial Aide: http://financialaid.utah.edu/
The following must be included in your scholarship application:
- Legible, completed scholarship application. (See green "Scholarship Application" tab found on this page.)
- A statement, no longer than two pages that includes a brief history of yourself, your academic and professional goals, reasons why you feel you are a strong candidate for this scholarship, how you will increase diversity in the College of Health, and any financial information that should be considered.
- A list of all scholarships and financial aid that you have received while attending the University of Utah.
- A list of any pertinent accomplishments, honors, or special awards of recognition you have received.
- A description of your community involvement and/or university activities.
- A current (Fall 2017 semester) DARS or transcript with grades. If you have been at the University of Utah for less than two semesters, please submit a transcript from other schools attended.
- Two letters of recommendation. Letters must be signed and sealed with the author’s signature across the envelope flap.
Each scholarship in the College of Health, requires a separate scholarship application cover sheet, statement, letters of recommendation, and other required documentation. Attach one sided documents (DARS reports should also be printed one sided) with a (one) large paperclip or binder clip. Please do not staple. Expensive portfolio covers and mailers are not necessary, they will be discarded.
Deliver personally or mail completed scholarship application, all letters of recommendation, and all other materials to: University Of Utah, Sorenson Legacy Foundation for Student Success, ATTN. Lorraine Brown, 250 South 1850 East, Room 200, HPR N, Salt Lake City, Utah 84112-0920. Incomplete applications will not be considered.