University Bookstore Scholarship
Details: (Awarded Fall Semester, this scholarship is not available at this time).
- Scholarship recipients will be selected by the Dean of the College of Health and a Faculty Scholarship Awards Committee.
- One scholarship will be awarded.
- The scholarship recipient must maintain full time student status in the semester the scholarship is distributed.
- The scholarship recipient must have been enrolled full time, two of the three semesters in the previous academic year.
- Preference shall be given to applicants who will increase the diversity of the College of Health pursuant to applicable federal and state laws.
Scholarship Selection Criteria:
- Undergraduate or Graduate students attending full time = 12 credit Undergraduate student and 9 credits Graduate Student.
- Must be a declared major in the College of Health. Pre-major will not be accepted.
- Must have a minimum 2.5 GPA
- Prefer Diversity or First generation student
- Have distinctive strengths in community service, leadership skills, etc.
The following must be included in your scholarship application
- A statement, no longer than two pages that includes a brief history of yourself, your academic and professional goals, reasons why you feel you are a strong candidate for this scholarship, how you will increase diversity in the College of Health, and any financial information that should be considered.
- A list of all scholarships and financial aid that you have received while attending the University of Utah.
- A list of any pertinent accomplishments, honors, or special awards of recognition you have received.
- A description of your community involvement and/or university activities.
- A current DARS or transcript. If you have been at the University of Utah for less than two semesters, please submit a transcript from other schools attended.
- No letters of recommendation are required for the Bookstore Scholarship.