Advancement Board Scholarship
- One scholarship will be awarded to an outstanding undergraduate student pursuing an undergraduate degree in the College of Health. The recipient of this scholarship will be known as College of Health Advancement Board Scholar.
- The Scholarship recipient will be selected by the Dean of the College of Health and a Faculty Scholarship Awards Committee.
- The scholarship award will be paid in two payments during fall and spring semesters.
Scholarship Selection Criteria:
- The scholarship recipient must maintain a minimum of 12 semester hours during the semester that the scholarship is disbursed.
- The scholarship recipient is expected to attend a University of Utah Health scholarship luncheon in October.
- If the scholarship recipient changes majors within the College of Health, the scholarship will not be affected. If the scholarship recipient changes majors to a discipline outside the College of Health, he/she forfeits the remainder of the scholarship.
- Application will be disqualified if not submitted correctly, completely, and timely.
The following must be included in your scholarship application:
- A well written and compelling personal statement, no longer than two pages that includes a brief history of yourself, your academic and professional goals, reasons why you feel you are a strong candidate for this scholarship.
- A list of all scholarships and financial aid that you have received while attending the University of Utah.
- A list of any pertinent accomplishments, honors, or special awards of recognition you have received.
- A description of your community involvement and/or university activities.
- A current (fall semester) My Degree Dashboard (Formerly DARS) or transcript with grades. If you have been at the University of Utah for less than two semesters, please submit a transcript from other schools attended.
- Letters of recommendation.
- Involvement in activities that advance the mission and goals of the College of Health.
- Distinctive strengths (community service, leadership skills, etc.)
- A minimum 3.5 GPA
- Preference will be given to students aspiring to attend graduate school.