Utah Orthopaedic PT Residency should be a top choice for you if you:
- desire to improve the way you think about patient care. The mission of our residency is to accelerate the development of orthopaedic PTs. Faculty and residents work hard to help residents learn to think like expert clinicians, an attribute that serves graduates for a lifetime.
- want to work in and access the resources of two exceptional health systems. Residents split time between the Salt Lake City VA Medical Center (SLCVA) and University of Utah Health Orthopaedic Center (UOC). Both organizations boast a large number of specialty services that expose residents to the breadth of orthopaedic patient management and a diverse patient population. Facilities are state of the art and staff are committed to excellence.
- value working with multiple mentors. Utah residents work with seven highly skilled orthopaedic certified specialist mentors over the residency year.
- want opportunities to teach. Residents assist with teaching entry-level DPT students in both the clinic and classroom. Residents participate in the musculoskeletal courses in the University of Utah Department of Physical Therapy and Athletic Training. They also become certified clinical instructors and mentor students in the SLCVA, the UOC, and in the student-run pro bono clinic.
- want to participate in ongoing clinical research. While research isn’t a focus of our program, it is valuable for residents to gain experience in clinical research. Residents participate in the stage(s) of the projects that are occurring during their residency year: project design, data collection, analysis, and/or and presentation.
- want to live in a beautiful, thriving community. Utah is ranked by PT in Motion magazine as the number one place to practice PT (for the fourth year in a row)! And, no wonder. Besides the great health care and economic environment, Salt Lake City is a beautiful home to many outdoor and cultural activities. It is nestled in the foothills of the Wasatch and Oquirrh mountains, with easy access to both mountain and desert terrain.
Please contact us with any questions
Residency Program Director