*The MSSM program will not be accepting applications for the 2018-2019 academic year.*
Please visit the upcoming Masters of Science in Athletic Training Program site.
All applicants to the MSSM program will have:
- An entry level Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Athletic Training
- A completed University of Utah application to Graduate School
- A completed Department of Physical Therapy and Athletic Training application to the MSSM Program
- Official transcripts from all previous educational institutions
- A minimum cumulative grade point average in prior course work of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- An essay outlining professional goals
- Results of the most recent Graduate Record Examination (taken within the last 5 years) indicating a combined score of at least 300 (1,000 on old scale)
- Three professional references from individuals who can describe the applicant’s potential for success in a masters level program
- A current copy of resume/CV
- Applications are due December 1st annually.
Graduate Assistantship positions are available. Applications for GA positions require a separate application form and fee.
Master of Science Degree in Sports Medicine Requirements
Expected Pre-Requisite Preparation
- Computer proficiency
- First Aide/CPR
- Eligibility for Utah State Licensure as an Athletic Trainer
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying to the Master's of Science Sports Medicine program, you will need to complete two applications: one application to the University of Utah's graduate school, and another application to the MSSM assistantship program.