The Health, Kinesiology, and Recreation Department offers several funding opportunities for undergraduate students. Each scholarship or tuition waiver has specific criteria that must be met in order for a student to be eligible to apply. Please click on the links below for information about the different funding opportunities available in the department.
- Izetta N. Bennion Memorial
- Gordon and Betty Browning
- Edward J. and Margaret Eisenman Memorial
- Marvin G and Barbara Hess
- Janet Thurgood
- Barbara Hillman West
- Departmental Tuition Waiver
To apply for an Health, Kinesiology, and Recreation Scholarship or Departmental Tuition Waiver you must:
- Complete and submit an application at scholarships.utah.edu. Search "Kinesiology Undergraduate General Scholarship Application." Within this application you can select which of the above scholarships you want to be considred for. Make sure to select all the scholarships you want to apply for when you fill out this application. It should only be submitted once. The application is currently being updated and will be veiwable and available to submit starting Februaury 1st.
- Two Letters of Recommendation are required: The 1st must be from any higher education faculty member who can address and/or assess your academic abilities. The 2nd must be from any higher education faculty member or school/work/volunteer supervisor who can speak to your aptitude and character. These are submitted through the Recommendation Form (completed by faculty and/or supervisor). No additional letter of recommendation is required. The recommendation form is a part of the scholaship application found at scholarships.utah.edu. You will be asked to provide the name and email address of your recommenders and an email will be sent to them with directions.
Applications are due every year before midnight on March 1st. Awards are for the school year, beginning in the fall of the same year as the submitted application.