Skip to main content


Undergraduate Academic Advisor

Contact Jojo Beyene if you have any questions about applying to the undergraduate program in Health Promotion and Education.

JoJo Beyene, MS

250 S 1850 E, ROOM 200
Salt Lake City, UT 84112
Phone: 801-585-0827

Internship Coordinator

If you're a senior, it is important to complete your internship requirements. Counseling for this requirement is done with the Internship Coordinator.

Traci Thompson 

HPER North                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          250 South 1850 East, RM 257
Salt Lake City, UT 84112
Phone: 801-587-9188

If you are currently a declared EMS student and need information choosing your interest area tracks and class schedule, you will need to meet with Les Chatelain.

Les Chatelain, EMS Director and Academic Advisor

Stewart Building                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  270 South 1400 East, RM 117B
Phone: 801-581-4512

Distance Advising Information

Student records at The University of Utah are governed by the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) and its implementing regulations. A student must authorize the University of Utah to release information to any 3rd party, such as a spouse, parent or even themselves via the telephone or email*.

Note: If you request information to be released to your email account, the information will be sent to your Umail account.

To authorize a Release of Information, students can go to their CIS( page, click Student, look for the STUDENT RECORDS box and click on FERPA Release Consent link.

The RELEASE FORM will open in a new window.

The student then must:

  • Read the Release Form
  • Select which campus groups can release the student's information
  • Create a PIN to verify access
  • Create list of names and email addresses that University agencies are authorized to share information.
  • Inform the individuals you've listed as authorized to view your records of your PIN number.

Your listed authorized individuals will need to provide official government issued ID, such as a valid driver's license or passport, your name, your uNID and PIN to verify that you have authorized the University of Utah to release your records to them.


Transfer Students

Students considering transfering to the University of Utah will find additional information here.