Michael Blomgren, PhD, CCC-SLP, Professor and Dept Chair
The Department of Communication Sciences and Disorders mission is to prepare highly competent and caring professional Audiologists and Speech-Language Pathologists. The department provides undergraduate students a strong background in the basic processes underlying typically developing speech, language, and hearing and graduate students world-class pedagogical and clinical experiences. As a preeminent research and teaching department with national and global reach, we are committed to providing an academic environment in which the highest standards of scholarship and clinical service are practiced. All faculty, staff, and students promote a climate of respect and equity that cultivates and sustains transformative practices in the classroom, clinic, and community.
- Advance knowledge through innovative basic and clinical research and scholarship.
- Provide outstanding pre-professional training in speech, language and hearing science.
- Train competent and caring speech-language pathologists, audiologists, educators, and research scientists.
- Provide compassionate, comprehensive, evidence-based clinical services to the community.
- Raise awareness of the professions of audiology and speech-language pathology and to recruit exceptional students to our programs.