Educational Resource Development Council (ERDC) Scholarship
The University of Utah Educational Resource Development Council will award scholarships to deserving students from the School of Medicine, College of Nursing, College of Health and College of Pharmacy; who have demonstrated excellence in their field; and who have financial need. Diversity will also be emphasized. The number and amount of the scholarships is yet to be determined. The financial awards will be divided into semester payments by the Deans in each of the colleges, providing the student maintain a 3.5 GPA and remains in good departmental standing.
* 3.5 GPA Where Applicable (School of Medicine Dean’s Choice Pass/Fail)
* A full-time declared major in one of the above-mentioned college or the School of Medicine whose field of study has an emphasis on diversity.
* A prospective junior, senior, or graduate student.
* Friday, February 3rd, 2017 is the deadline for submitting applications to your respective dean:
College of Health Students, Complete pages 1 and 2 of the application and send to: University of Utah, Sorenson Legacy Foundation Center for Student Success, ATTN. Lorraine Brown, 250 So. 1850 E., Room 200, Salt Lake City, Utah 84121-0920. Send application link to faculty member scholarships/erdc-scholarship-app-1-23-17.pdf for completion of page 3, (faculty evaluation).
School of Medicine Students: Submit applications to Wendy Clark.
* Deans from School of Medicine, College of Pharmacy, and College of Nursing are asked to mail only four selected candidate’s applications to University of Utah Health's Development Office (515 East 100 South, Suite 300 SLC, UT 84102) c/o Carly Backlund by Wednesday, February 15th, 2017. College of Health is asked to send five selected candidate’s applications to the above address.
* Finalists will be interviewed by the Educational Resource Development Council’s Project Committee, on Monday, March 27th, 2017 at the Officer’s Club. APPLICANTS MUST BE AVAILABLE FOR IN PERSON INTERVIEW. PLEASE DO NOT APPLY IF YOU CANNOT ATTEND.
* Announcement of scholarship awards by March 29th, 2017.
* Prior to release of funds, students should please submit a thank you letter to ERDC members.