University Bookstore Scholarship
$200.00 University Bookstore Scholarship
Application Deadline: Monday, October 2, 2017 by 4:30 PM
Submit completed application and supporting documents to The Center for Student Success, HPR N., Room 200.
- Scholarship recipients will be selected by the Dean of the College of Health and a Faculty Selection Committee.
- One scholarship will be awarded Spring Semester 2018, in the amount of $200.00.
- The scholarship recipient must maintain full time student status in the semester the scholarship is distributed. (Spring semester 2018).
- The scholarship recipient must have been enrolled full time, two of the three semesters in the previous academic year.
- Preference shall be given to applicants who will increase the diversity of the College of Health pursuant to applicable federal and state laws.
Scholarship Selection Criteria:
- Undergraduate or Graduate students attending full time = 12 credit Undergraduate student and 9 credits Graduate Student.
- Must be a declared major in the College of Health. Pre-major will not be accepted.
- Must have a minimum 2.5 GPA
- Prefer Diversity or First generation student
- Have distinctive strengths in community service, leadership skills, etc.
- Must demonstrate financial need. Students must also complete FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Financial Aid). FAFSA link is made available at the University Office of Scholarships and Financial Aide: http://financialaid.utah.edu/
The following must be included in your scholarship application:
- Legible, completed scholarship application. (See green "Scholarship Application" tab found on this page.)
- A statement, no longer than two pages that includes a brief history of yourself, your academic and professional goals, reasons why you feel you are a strong candidate for this scholarship, how you will increase diversity in the College of Health, and any financial information that should be considered.
- A list of all scholarships and financial aid that you have received while attending the University of Utah.
- A list of any pertinent accomplishments, honors, or special awards of recognition you have received.
- A description of your community involvement and/or university activities.
- A current (Fall 2017 semester) DARS or transcript with grades. If you have been at the University of Utah for less than two semesters, please submit a transcript from other schools attended.
- Two letters of recommendation. Letters must be signed and sealed with the author’s signature across the envelope flap.
Each scholarship in the College of Health, requires a separate scholarship application cover sheet, statement, letters of recommendation, and other required documenation. One sided documents are preferred. Attach with a paperclip or binder clip. Please do not staple.
Deliver personally or mail completed scholarship application, all letters of recommendation, and all other materials to: University Of Utah, Sorenson Legacy Foundation for Student Success, ATTN. Lorraine Brown, 250 South 1850 East, Room 200, HPR N, Salt Lake City, Utah 84112-0920. Incomplete applications will not be considered.