THRIVE: Practical Exploration of Health and Wellness
NUTR 3850‐01 is a lab that complements NUTR 1020 – you are not required to take the lab and 1020 at the same time, but it is recommended that you are either enrolled in NUTR 1020 or have taken it in the past.
- Enhance your cooking skills
- Explore physical, social, emotional, spiritual, environmental, occupational, and sexual wellness through the use of food
- Sports Nutrition/ hydration
- Delicious and healthful meal planning
- Eating well on a budget
- Sustainability of the local food system
- Learn to cultivate your own food
- Discover the relationship between food and culture
Applied Science Credit (1 CR)
This course is open to students from all disciplines, and meets specific health, exercise, and wellness course prerequisites. THRIVE also allows students to continue with upper division Nutrition courses as well as meeting Applied Science, General Education requirements.