Kinesiology Graduate Programs
Overview & Prerequisites
Our Focus Area in Coaching Wellness is a unique master’s degree program that honors the tradition of coach as advocate, leader, manager, organizer and source of inspiration. Our educational program prepares students to provide leadership for both individual and organizational journeys to wellness.
Coaching Wellness is designed to challenge prospective students to ground their coaching in a solid foundation of exercise physiology, nutrition science, and the psychology of behavior change. In addition to this solid knowledge base, our curriculum provides students with myriad opportunities to gain experiences teaching exercise and nutrition classes, training patients and clients, leading stress management activities, crafting health promotion programs and of course coaching patients and clients in the pursuit of their individual wellness goals.
Required Undergraduate Courses
- Exercise physiology (KINES 3091)
- Kinesiology (KINES 3092)
- Biomechanics (KINES 3093)
- Exercise Programming: Assessment and Delivery (KINES 4465)
- Scientific Foundations of Human Nutrition and Health (NUTR 1020)
- Human Anatomy (BIOL 2335)
- Human Physiology (BIOL 2420)
- College Algebra (MATH 1050)
Recommended Undergraduate Courses
- Motor Control
- Aging and Exercise