2017 Integrative Health and Resiliency Conference
March 13 - 14, 2017
J. Willard Marriott Library
The University of Utah Integrative Health Conference is a collaboration of educators, health care professionals, counselors, students and community networks. The conference will endeavor to bring better understanding and promotion of optimal health, well-being and healthy lifestyles through comprehensive and integrative approaches. By addressing social, cultural, political issues and beliefs, the conference intends to raise awareness, dispel myths and support evidence based methods which will improve the knowledge, understanding and well-being of students and professionals, as well as the greater community.
This conference will disseminate the most current and up-to-date evidence based research and support for Integrative Health practices to all healthcare professionals – conventional and integrative, educators and students in the healthcare field and anyone interested in learning about an integrative approach to healthcare and treatment.
The National Institute of Health has predicted that all providers of health care will be versed in Integrative Health modalities by the year 2020. The University of Utah recognizes and is responding to the burgeoning science driving interest in this field.
- Understand the nature of integrative health, and its future in medical practice and education.
- Understand which integrative health modalities are evidenced based, which are best practices, and which might be harmful.
- Learn practical skills to improve mental, physical, spiritual, and ecological wellbeing.
- Experience concepts and skills that motivate people to adopt healthier lifestyles through integrative health modalities.
Encouraged to Attend:
All health care professionals, conventional and integrative - physicians, nurse practitioners, physician's assistants, nurses, psychologists, chiropractors, social workers, naturopaths, nutritionists, acupuncturists, life coaches, physical therapists, educators and students in the health care field, and anyone interested in learning about an integrative approach to health care and treatment. General Public welcome.
2 Day Conference $125.00
Includes: Two Day Attendance with lunches, snacks and Eco Friendly Online Presentation Slides/Syllabus.
2 Day Student Conference $70.00
Continuing Education Credit Applications in Process:
- UUCME (University of Utah Continuing Medical Education/Sponsored by U of U School of Medicine)
- UNA (Utah Nursing Association)
- UPA (Utah Psychological Association)
- NASW (National Association of Social Workers)
- CHES - NCHEC (National Commission for Health Education Credentialing)
Estimated Continuing Education Credits: 11 hours (Hours may vary for the different organizations)