The minimum GPA requirement for admission is a 3.0. Our average admission profile for an incoming graduate student for Fall 2017 was a 3.83 GPA and a GRE score of 309. These are only averages, and we admit candidates above and below these values.
Prospective graduate students, including University of Utah seniors, apply for admission through the University of Utah Apply Yourself online application system.
Application for admission includes:
- Please upload your transcripts to the online application. They must be legible and have the school’s name on them. COPIES OF TRANSCRIPTS ARE ACCEPTABLE.
- GRE scores: Send your GRE scores to the institution code 4853 for the University of Utah.
- Statement of purpose cover letter (i.e., why you want to be a speech-language pathologist) (1-2 pages).
- Provide a 2-5 page original writing sample. The writing sample can be an academic paper, however, it must be a clean copy and your own work, it cannot be a group project report. Clinical reports are not acceptable.
- Three letters of recommendation. The Letter of Recommendation form is for current U of U students to submit to each faculty member for letters of reference. Please allow ample time for the faculty member to assist you with this part of the application process.
If English is not your native language, please arrange to take the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) so that the scores are received by January 15th for Fall 2015. The University's requirements for the TOEFL is a minimum score of 80 on the internet-based test. The requirement for the IELTS is a score of 6.5.
For Academic and pre-requisite questions contact Dr. Robert Kraemer, SLP Program Director at email@example.com.
For application questions contact Leigh Ann Yocom, Graduate Program Assistant at firstname.lastname@example.org.